Noelia's note: If you're new to learning make up or simply want to have some fun here are a few tips on how I created Rachel Roy's 70's disco diva glam.
1. First prep eyes with a pearl size amount of NARS Pro Prime eyeshadow base
2. Generously apply shadow on lids with a dense and flat shadow brush. Choose a brush with longer looser hairs to blend shadow upward into the brow bone and outward towards the temples. *Pro-tip: use rainbow-like sweeping motions for a blown-out blended effect. Rachel is wearing Estèe Lauder Pure Color eyeshadow in Lavender Star.
3. Add some definition to the eyes by smudging a deep plum liner along the lash line. Intensify the look by lining the inner eye with a smudge-proof black liner.
4. Follow up with the healthy coat of your favorite mascara *Pro-tip: I cut a strip of mink lashes into three to reveal a softer side of 70's glam and then added mascara.
5. Now onto skin (I prefer to do eyes before skin). For Rachel's skin I used a gentle moisturizer and primer followed by a thin layer of foundation.
6. Now for the fun part - highlighting and contouring. The art of highlighting and contouring requires blending, blending, and more blending. We used a kit we love KKW beauty powder contour and highlight kit in Medium.
7. Blend blush color in-between the highlight and contour. Start high on the temples for an ultra chic 70's appeal. I love blush that delivers a high color payout and this is one of Rachel's favorites - NARS blush in Gaiety.
8. To complete her 70s glam look, I chose a fiery coral red lip color. *Pro-tip: lightly coat lips with foundation before applying lip color for a more even application. Rachel's lips are dressed in NARS Red Square Velvet matte lip pencil and Triple-x lip gloss.
For more beauty tips & inspiration, follow Noelia on Instagram @noeliabeaute