By: Ashlee Glazer, Celebrity Makeup Artist
To achieve Rachel's Signature Smokey Eye, we turned to Celebrity make-up artist, Ashlee Glazer for some tips.
Get A Blue Gaze In 5 Easy Steps:
1. Prep Lids with an eyeshadow primer all over lid and under bottom lashes to prevent any fall out.
2. Liner upper and lower waterline with a creamy black pencil to get a good kohl rim around the eyes. ( This will deepen any blue shadow you use, to give you the “smoldering gaze” Rachel has here.** Charlotte Tilbury Rock.’n’Kohl**
3. Taking a small Brush like: MAC #219, OR HAKKUHODO #H2289. Apply a shimmer midnight blue shade all around the eye. Smudge/wiggle into the lashes, so you mix the blue with the black liner.
4. Blend along the lid with a matte navy blue, to smooth out the eye and create definition. Pop your favorite metallic shadow in the inner corner- rose gold, champagne, or silver.
5. Contour the crease and dust ever so slightly with a warm-reddish brown color, to balance out the cool tones of the eye, and coat with lots and lots of mascara. (There is a shade like this for all skin tones, but a quick tip is to use a bit of your bronzer as shadow)
Color Picks For All Skin Tones:
Fair: Soft Silvery Blues or Rich Matte navy’s will be most flattering- Smith& Cults Ice Tears, cool balance of Greys and whites with the midnight shimmer blue. NARS: China Blue- a matte royal blue with very purple-undertones
Olive: Bolder Blues, and more shimmer! MAC In the Shadows.
Deep: Anything Goes: Cool Blue Hues, Mix Smith & Cults Blue with the lighter white to create a silver, or go deeper with a crayon like Charlotte Tilbury Enchanting Indigo, or NARS Cressida, or super bold like MAC classic Electric Eel.